Saturday, May 17, 2008

Seventeen weeks

Approaching half way. The house sale is progressing well. Work is very busy, very political and in some ways quite frustrating. Two of the other lecturers keep harping on about me being a paediatric nurse, which I find very annoying. It's not as if I have any choice in the matter. One of them seems to think I shouldn't be in my job at all and it's been really getting to me. She wants me to not mention children at all. But children's nursing is all I know, and it's a bit part of who I am. I've tried talking to her but I think I'm going to have to have a firmer word, before I end up really upset.
On the train back from my antenatal appointment, [very dull - just a BP and a chat, no doppler], I picked up a property paper for Greensborough, Briar Hill, Eltham, Ivanhoe etc and had a sudden burst of inspiration. For 400k I can buy a 4 bed house, 20 minutes from work, and live surrounded by trees and hills. I went to Montmorency for lunch on Sunday and it's lovely there. There is a little high street with a couple of nice cafes, a Foodworks, an organic shop and a deli. There are more shops in Eltham, which is one train stop away, and a good library there too. There are good local state schools and really lovely walks and cycle tracks. It feels very adult, but I suppose I'm going to be a mother, so I need to start thinking like one.
I really need a holiday. I'm tired and fed up with work. I haven't had a holiday in months and I'm the kind of person who needs regular breaks. However, I want to save my holiday for the end of pregnancy. If I tack my annual leave onto my maternity leave I can stop work in September, at 34 weeks and have six weeks to rest and nest and hoefully sort out my new house. But it does mean I have no energy now. I had a dinner on Thursday and was useless on Friday and I've not found the energy to go food shopping yet this weekend. I just want to snuggle on the sofa and read my book.

No comments: