Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sixteen Weeks

Monday, 04.00am I woke up in quite a lot of pain. Hip, pelvis, lower back, lower abdomen, it was all really sore. I was awake and miserable and terrified for an hour and then it stopped. Just when I was contemplating calling the midwives. Then I had a limp and couldn't stand for more than a few minutes without nearly crying with the pain. Pregnancy isn't supposed to be this painful, apparently. So Tuesday I went to see the student osteopaths in the next building. And, result, my student is 36 weeks pregnant and having her baby at the same place as me. They had a look and declared that my pubic bone was out of alignment and my aductors way too tight. Then there was some torturous massage of my inner thighs, [really it was agony - I had no idea my thighs were so tense - must be the lack of sex], a weird knee thing which made my pelvis make this very soft click and then suddenly I was pain free. Magic. I'd limped there with an incredible sore left hip and I bounced away all better, and it only cost me $25. I came home and slept for ten hours, for the first time in tweleve weeks. Hurrah.
Today I'm a bit sore again but I know what to stretch to fix it. Shame there's no handy man to wrap my thighs around. Especially as I am one very sexy pregnant woman. Sigh.

No comments: